Hah, I am so late…but I finally got around to sitting down and attempting to rattle off my “100 things about me” super-meme. Feel free to skip if you start falling asleep by number 5. :nyah:
1. I was born in Maryland.
2. I miss it a lot sometimes.
3. I went to Catholic school for about 8 years.
4. I don’t miss that at all.
5. I was somewhat of a goody two-shoes in school.
6. But not out of school.
7. Out of school, I pretty much did what I wanted.
8. Which usually involved boys.
9. To this day my mother still does not know what went on in her house when she wasn’t there.
10. Sex was pretty high on the list.
11. But not drugs. I never tried any type of drug until I was in college.
12. In college I tried marijuana about 5-6 times.
13. I think it’s overrated.
14. I haven’t smoked it in years.
15. I smoked crack once.
16. Never could figure out why anyone would WANT to feel that paranoid and stupid. *shrug*
17. I’ll never bother with that again, but I don’t regret trying it. It helps to be stupid and actually LEARN from that stupidity.
18. I only wish I could learn from it more.
19. I used to work with the handicapped.
20. For a long time, I loved it, and I loved the clients I worked with.
21. They were the first ones to teach me the true meaning of unconditional love.
22. They were also the first ones to show me how nice it is to be needed, and also how huge of a responsibility that is.
23. Now that I have my own children, I feel like that type f work is too much for me.
24. I often feel like I am stretched too thin.
25. I wish WAY too much that my outside could look like how I feel on the inside…..LoL.
26. My children are biracial…their fathers are African-American.
27. I have only dated one white man in my life.
28. People ask my why that is all the time.
29. I really don’t know.
30. But it is definitely NOT because of the “myth.” That is another thing that is WAYYY overrated. Trust me. 😀
31. Dark skin turns me on…..VERY much.
32. I have always gravitated towards r&b, jazz, and hip-hop music (MUCH to my mother’s chagrin and distaste)…despite being spoon-fed country and oldies music from day one.
33. I used to love to annoy my mother by blasting L.L. Cool J as high as it could go. (I can’t live without my radio!!)
34. I actually LIKED being an 80’s child.
35. Although I could have done without the heavy metal and “farrah” wings.
36. My best friend in high school had both.
37. In high school, I only went to two concerts…my best friend insisted I go.
38. We saw Judas Priest and Motley Crue.
39. My ears have never been the same since…but my taste in music has definitely become more concrete. :LOL:
40. Luckily, I saw R.Kelly, L.L. Cool J, SWV, and Janet Jackson in concert later on in life.
41. I would give anything to see Erykah Badu, Lenny Kravitz, Maxwell, or India Arie in concert.
42. But I will settle for getting personal concerts from Craig.
43. And maybe free tickets to his own concerts if he ever gets his CD recorded. :nyah:
44. I have loved Craig since I was 21 years old.
45. We have been together for just over one month.
46. He makes me happy.
47. He makes me mad.
48. He makes me think about sex.
49. I love sex.
50. I actually used to be a bit prudish about sex.
51. Perhaps that comes from my abuse history.
52. I also went through an excrutiatingly promiscuous period in my life.
54. I still have a lot to work out regarding that issue. More than I ever thought.
55. Now, I have a fantastic relationship with sex.
56. And it is slowly helping me to have a better relationship with myself.
57. Now, I consider myself a freak.
58. Makes a pretty good match for who I’m with right now.
59. I enjoy experimentation.
60. I have had anal sex.
61. I liked it.
62. I still do.
63. I can’t figure out WHY I am telling all of you this.
64. I have a tendency to share too much information.
65. I also talk too much, usually to cover up the fact that I am avoiding something.
66. Avoidance is my first line of defense.
67. I learned it from my family.
68. When I was being abused as a chld, my grandmother wanted me to come live with her for a year until I “forgot about it.”
69. My mother put me in a psychiatric hospital instead.
70. That’s probably the only good decision she ever made regarding my well-being.
71. I used to love to ski as a way to keep my mind occupied.
72. My stepfather never abused me while we were at the mountain.
73. But one time someone we brought with us as a guest did.
74. He was a senior in the high school I went to.
75. I never told anyone that before.
76. I also never told anyone that once, when I was about 8, I tried to go down a slope that was too difficult for me. I was having a hrd time, so I was sliding down slowly on my butt. I had to go to the bathroom SO bad. There weren’t very many people coming down. So I sat really close to the trees that lined the slope, and went. THROUGH my panties, long johns, and snow pants. LMAO.
77. I used to know EVERY single word to all four of the oldies tapes my mother and stepfather used to play during the 3 1/2 hour ride to and from the mountain where we skiied. (They were those TIME magazine tapes)
78. I won a silver medal and a magna cum laude certificate in the National Latin Competition in high school. (yes, I took two years of Latin)
79. I won an honorable mention for a solo flute performance in the National Band Competition in 8th grade.
80. In addition to the flute, I also play the piano, violin and clarinet (SOME) and the accordion.
81. I used to have my great-uncle Charlie’s accordion. It was nearly 100 years old, and the original music he had learned to play with was still inside the case.
82. I read The Hobbit when I was 7 years old.
83. I had finished The Lord of the Rings by the time I was 11.
84. I still read all four of those books at least once every few years.
85. I am usually reading a minumum of 3 books at any one given time.
86. I can crochet, crosstitch, and draw fairly well.
87. I never have nearly enough time to persue those things.
88. I only ever skipped school one time. (told you I was a goody two-shoes. And the WHOLE day I skipped, I felt guilty and nervous…lawd…lol)
89. I was the lead in the fall school play my senior year.
90. I did a lot of community theater after high school and before I had kids.
91. I was in many things, but some of my favorites were Evita (I was in the chorus), A Midsummer Night’s Dream (I was a lot of things in that, including the stage manager…and my friend Lori was the director), and a condensed musical selection skit from Working.
92. Lori was the one who introduced me to pagansim.
93. I have been a pagan for 13 years.
94. I really enjoyed it when I was part of a group experience.
95. I never told them that often enough.
96. Now I try to tell at least one person every day how much I appreciate them.
97. I really really really miss having a cat. 🙁
98. I have had two miscarriages.
99. I have never had an abortion.
100. I can’t believe I came up with 100 things!