There is so much going on lately that sometimes I feel like I forget who I am, much less what I need to do. School is going pretty well, although I feel much more ‘crazed’ this semester.
I finally got a chance to see the second-opinion neurosurgeon regarding my headaches and questionable tumor/lipoma. He wasn’t nearly as abrupt as the first one. The first one basically said “it’s nothing, forget it.” The second one said “OK, I’m not sure if it is a problem or not, let’s do another MRI in August and come back to see me after. If the MRI is exactly the same, then likely it is nothing to be concerned about. If it changes, then we can go from there.” So that’s where that stands. I am still getting many headaches, and really nothing can be done to get rid of them easily. But I am doing the best I can and I hope that I can figure out the cause soon.

The kids are doing well, although recently I made a rather agonizing decision regarding Gregory. I decided that it was in his best interest to put him on an anti-depressant medication. I never thought I would ever consider putting one of my children on medication. But the poor thing was SO miserable, SO unhappy, that I just want to do anything to help him. I talked it over with him, and he agreed to be seen by a psychiatrist. We went to see her, a very nice womna, and Gregory actually opened up and talked with her without too much trouble, which was a first. The psychiatrist felt very strongly that Gregory would benefit from medication, based on his answers to her questions, and his general demeanor. So…I agreed that we should give it a try. Mostly just to see if it would help him to sleep. He usually takes a minumum of an hour and a half to two hours to be able to fall asleep, and i is really affecting his daytime performance, including schoolwork. Which is the other reason I decided we needed to try this. His schoolwork has suffered very much because of his emotional upheavals, and if we can just get him back into something resembling an even keel, I think we will get back on the right track. SO, it has been about 2 weeks now, and he does seem to be sleeping a bit better, bu it really is probably too early to tell. We are going to hang in there, though for at least 2 or 3 months. If it helpes him by then I will feel much better continuing it for a while until he is as stable as we can make a preteen boy. πŸ˜‰
Other than that, life goes as usual. I really should update my gallery section, I have SO many more images that I have done. Maybe when school is done I’ll have time.

Spread the love
Categories: Miscellany


Emerald Sky · February 27, 2004 at 4:02 pm

Hey Tricia! I’m just popping in. Life is treating me much, much better! Maybe soon I’ll be back online with a new blog. Hugs to you!

witchy · February 29, 2004 at 3:12 pm

Well, I’m glad this doctor isn’t just ‘sluffing’ you off. And hopefully the young munchkin will be doing much better also.

Mike · March 7, 2004 at 8:23 pm

Hi, Tricia! Hope all is well. I read your latest entries. Sorry to hear about what’s been going on lately. I’m sure things will turn out for the best though. I miss you! MWAH!

Celestine · March 23, 2004 at 10:31 pm

Hey Tricia,
I came across your blog through Blogsnob πŸ™‚ Sorry to hear about your health. I promise I’ll pray for ya. πŸ˜‰ Just would like to tell you to put your trust in Jesus. “Ask and you will receive, seek and you will find, knock and the door will be opened to you” (Matthew 7:7)
Take care, ya?

Comments are closed.