Well. What a lovely week. Last weekend was a three-day-weekend, and the kids were like little devils on stilts or something. I was only too glad to escort them out the door on Tuesday.
So on Tuesday I needed to go to the doctor, and while there, I am informed that my blood pressure is 158/118. Nice. So now I am afraid to move in case I stroke out or something worse. They give me some medicine and shoo me out the door, telling me to come back Friday.
Wednesday was ok. Thank goodness for small miracles.
Thursday was almost like entering a newer, more awful dimension. The boys were supposed to have their therapy appointments in the afternoon. No big deal, pretty routine. So I pick up DJ a bit early, and head over to meet Gregory at the bus. The bus comes. And goes. No Gregory. So I figure maybe he just missed the bus, it happens, lately he has been confident enough to walk to the Boys and Girls Club from school, so I figured I would head in there to call the school just in case and wait for him to show up. So I call the school. The first time I get put on hold, then hung up on. The second time I get told rather rudely that “I paged down there and no one answered, so he’s not here.” Nice, that’s helpful. Please note that I specifically asked if he was in detention. That will be important later.
OK, so now it’s about 2:30pm. More than enough time for him to have walked to the Boys and Girls Club. So now I get the first glimmer of worry. Note also that I haven’t been back to my house yet. Instead, I take the bus up the street to see if I can see him walking. No luck. Oh, and while I am doing this, I am seeing about four fire trucks, 2-3 ambulances, police cars, unmarked police cars, a fire communications van, and a helicopter all heading up the street in the same direction I am going. (Turns out there was a fire or something, and no one was hurt badly, thank goodness) This is not the thing you want to be seeing when you do not know where your child is.
So I finally decide I need to go home and make phone calls and decide if I need to call the police. I am pretty much on the verge of a panic attack. Luckily within 5 minutes of us getting home DJ passed out on the couch. I get home, and there is a message waiting. They held Gregory for detention. The message was left at 2:16pm. School gets out at 1:30. W T F???? I had no advance notice of this at all. I have no issue at all with him having detention, in fact, I am sure he probably needs it, but I had sent the teacher a note before that under no circumstances is he to be kept for detention without at least a 24-hour notice. No exceptions. Especially with everything we have already been through this year. I really don’t give a crap what their “policies” are. This is MY child.
So I am STILL left not knowing quite where he is, because at this point all calls to the school go unanswered, not even by an answering machine. Have I mentioned that I despise this school?
So I call the Boys and Girls Club and thank GOODNESS he has just walked in. I ask them to just send him home, because I don’t think I can handle coming back out to get him. He gets home, and his side of the story is that he told the teacher he had an appointment, AND that I would be worried if he didn’t show up, yet he was not allowed to leave the building, nor was he allowed to call me. W T F??? THEN of course, I call on Friday morning and leave TWO messages for the guidance counselor, and do you think he ever bothered to call me back? 😡
OK, Tricia, calm down. Deep breaths. This is why the hell you HAVE high blood pressure, remember? So I go back to the doctor on Friday, and now my blood pressure is like 163/121. Apparently the medication they gave me isn’t working. Excuse me while I have a heart attack. Then they took a bunch of blood and the person who took it is forevermore on my shit list. WHY did he feel the need to dig and dig and GRIND the needle in my arm, then he knocked it half out, and I am watching my blood just drip on down the counter to the floor, while he’s like ‘oops.’ And now it’s only a day later and I have a bruise the size of a half-dollar and it STILL hurts like hell. If he comes near me again with a needle, I will stab him in his eyeball, I swear. On the plus side, though, I found out I have lost 13 pounds in the past 4 months. At least ONE thing I have been working on has shown some fruition.
Oh, and I also pre-registered DJ for Kindergarten. At a SANE school.
Oh, and ONE more thing. I am SO SICK of dealing with immature dickwads that run away instead of talking. And it’s not even like it’s just one person, I seem to attract these people like weeds. CUT THE SHIT, grow up, and be a freaking man already! I already have two sons, I don’t need another one! (Now back to our regularly scheduled blog.)
Is it over yet?

Spread the love
Categories: Miscellany


Charmaine · January 23, 2005 at 12:26 pm

I like your layout a lot! Did you do it yourself?

annette · January 23, 2005 at 5:05 pm

Deep breaths. Deep breaths.
That was a week from hell. Man, I’d take the needle that the nurse attacked you with, head down to the school and poke out the eyeballs of all the people responsible for the Gregory episode, and on the way back throw their severed heads at the dickwads that run around acting like little boys.
Then, I’d make hot tea and let Calgon take you away….

Genia · January 23, 2005 at 9:43 pm

Nice blog, Tricia. I’ve jumped over to radio.blogs to give it a look.
Sorry I don’t get a chance to read my visitors’ blogs. I’m doing a little of that this evening.
Have a good one. LOVE the site design.

Swt GA HunnyB · January 24, 2005 at 9:43 am

OMG you have had a trying week! I hope this week will be so much better for you. Hang in there.

Mandi · January 24, 2005 at 4:42 pm

Wow! And I thought *I* had hectic weeks! Girl you got me beat by a longshot LOL Hope things calm down for you.. be careful with your health!

Bitchitude · January 27, 2005 at 2:14 pm

Hey Tricia! What a heckuva week. I feel for you – that sirens heading in a direction of the possible unknown location of your kids is a wretched feeling – I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who reacts like that!
Hang in there, I’m betting your stress is affecting the BP, too. Keep it safe wit hthe doc – and 13 lbs is fantastic, wow! of course you haven’t posted the effects of those snow days – eeps, that’s rough!
Take Care girl, and nooooo, don’t take away the raver girl – she’s one of my most favoriiittttttes!

Comments are closed.